Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Mrsluckyboy85 says NO to violence against women

May is white ribbon month, Domestic and Family Violence Prevention month, and I managed to squeeze in this mani right at the very end!






Mitty Burns, maker of premium nail art brushes, are sharing this campaign on their IG page, and have asked for white ribbon manicures to support the cause and raise awareness. Please check out their page to see what you can do.
It's a subject in which I have a personal story, that is why it was important for me to contribute.

Being in a marriage with someone from a completely different cultural upbringing and values, can be challenging at times. Exposed to violence on a daily basis as a child, does influence later decisions in adulthood, and my husband has been through some very difficult situations in his life in Africa. In turn, I've gone through ups and downs, and sadly faced a very dark period for a number of years. Thankfully I consider myself to be one of the lucky ones, because after a brief separation, and much soul searching, we managed to get our marriage back on track. We are now in a place of respect and I truly believe that people can change for the better.

I fell in love with this mani as soon as I saw it. It is inspired by Framboiselottin on IG. I just adore the  vintage lace with the butterflies, and thought it would be perfect for this mani.

I started out with a sponged gradient of dark grey, light grey to white. I then stamped a lace image from UC Love & Marriage - 02, using MDU Black. Next I took a cosmetic sponge and randomly dabbed on OPI Black Onyx, leaving a small section of the lace exposed.
I used the butterfly images from BM -XL14, and placed the randomly on the nail. The white ribbon is from BM-XL20, which I stamped with Konad White.

Please take a moment to read the below, and thank you for stopping by.

#Repost @mitty_burns
Recent global figures indicate that about 1 in 3 (35%) of women worldwide have violence in their lifetime. Globally, as many as 38% of murders of women are committed by violence against women. 😡😡😡 〰〰〰〰
Join us to say NO to violence against women. We can all play an important role to keep women safe. We are women after all!

May is Domestic and Family Violence Prevention Month. Say NO to violence against women. To violence against men. To violence against children.

Mitty (@mitty_burns) will donate 20% of all sales in May to @whiteribbonaust foundation to help this fight. If you have been thinking of getting a good quality nail art brushes, do it now so we can donate and help. ✖
Tell someone. If it's happening to you, or if you witness something. Tell someone. ✖
Love should never hurt.


2 comments: