Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Coral and neon yellow illusion

Coral is the prompt for today, for #clairesterle8may.




I ended up with this, because my earlier plan didn't work out 😩 Don't you just hate that? And on top of that I don't really like this one either! 🙄

My base is Essie Sunset Sneaks a beautiful deep oral color. Formula is great, two coats that self leveled well.

I wanted to use the sun illusion image from UberChic plate 9-02, because I thought it would great in neon yellow, against the bright coral. Sadly it didn't turn out how I wanted it to.

Firstly, my MDU neon yellow is a bit old and almost empty. So it wasn't picking up on my C Thru stamper. I ended up making decals on my mini Uber mat. Sadly, the stamping didn't come out as crisp and even as I was going for, but anyway. And when I top coated, the neon yellow lost all its neon-ness and now just looks yellow. That also took away from the base, because it just looks orange-ish now. You win some, you lose some.

Next!

No comments:

Post a Comment