Saturday, April 30, 2016

Holographic starburst nail art

I have a simple stamping mani today, I was feeling a bit uninspired. When in doubt go simple!




My base is Orly Hip and Outlandish from the Melrose Collection.




I'm not sure what it is about this teal green, but my camera refused to pick up the color accurately. I tried my phone, camera and iPad. No luck 😕 it's a lot darker and more of a sea green than its showing in the picture. It's a beautiful color and perfect for the transition to summer.
The formula was good, two coats with no issues. I topped it with HK Girl before stamping.





I used the star burst image from UberChic plate 4-02. What a great image! I can't believe I haven't used this before. You can purchase the plate here www.uberchicbeauty.com I wanted to use a holographic stamping polish, but after trying it on my pinky, I realized it was too sheer. I ended up first stamping a franken silver as the base, and then double stamping over the base image, with Esmaltes de Kelly Andromeda. It gives it the holo sparkle with the opacity I wanted. I used my C Thru stamper for easy placement. Top coat and that's it!

No comments:

Post a Comment